If you have addon domains hosted in your cPanel account, you can convert them to a seperate cPanel account. To move any addon domain to another cPanel account, you must have access to the WHM panel. If you are using Reseller Hosting, Managed Cloud VPS or Managed Dedicated Hosting, you can do it by yourself.
This tutorial will show how you can convert an Addon domain to a dedicated cPanel account.
1. Login to your WHM panel.
2. Navigate to the Transfer section, click on the Convert Addon Domain to Account
3. In the search box, insert the addon domain name that you want to convert.
4. Click on the convert button and it will take you to the account setting page, where you can provide new username, package and other stuffs.
5. Review the settings for the following items, and make any changes if necessary:
- Website Configuration
- Custom DNS Records
6. Next to MySQL Databases, click Configure. The following page appears:
7. Select the MySQL databases and users using checkboxes that you want to migrate to the new cPanel account along with your addon domain. Now click Save Selections
8. Click Start Conversion. The conversion process begins. After the successful conversion, this page will appear:
9. To view details about the conversion, click Details.
Now, your addon domain account is moved to a dedicated cPanel account.